BEA WebLogic Server admin password reset cleartext
|weblogic-admin-password-cleartext (26460)||Low Risk|
BEA WebLogic Server sites that used the admin password reset mechanism prior to October 10, 2005 stored the admin password in cleartext in the domain directory.
Refer to BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-131.00) for upgrade information. See References.
- BEA Systems Inc. Security Advisory: (BEA06-131.00): Recovering admin password can leave cleartext password on disk.
- BID-17982: BEA WebLogic Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2546: A recommended admin password reset mechanism for BEA WebLogic Server 8.1, when followed before October 10, 2005, causes the administrator password to be stored in cleartext in the domain directory, which could allow attackers to gain privileges.
- OSVDB ID: 25546: BEA WebLogic Password Reset Mechanism Cleartext Admin Password Disclosure
- SA20130: BEA WebLogic Server/Express Multiple Security Issues
- SECTRACK ID: 1016101: WebLogic Server Admin Password Reset Mechanism May Disclose the Password to Local Users
- Oracle WebLogic Server 8.1
May 15, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this