Newsportal poll.php code execution
|newsportal-poll-code-execution (26471)||High Risk|
Newsportal could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the poll.php script. If register_globals is enabled, a remote attacker could send a specially-crafted request to the poll.php script to execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Newsportal (0.37 or later), available from the Newsportal Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 16 2006 - 09:10:36 CDT: Newsportal: code injection vulnerability.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 17 2006 - 09:19:49 CDT: Newsportal <= 0.36 Remote File Inclusion Vulnerability.
- Newsportal Web site: Florian Amrhein : NewsPortal WebNewsReader.
- BID-18000: NewsPortal Remote PHP Script Code Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2556: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Florian Amrhein NewsPortal before 0.37, and possibly TR Newsportal (TRanx rebuilded), allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 25578: Florian Amrhein NewsPortal Unspecified XSS
- SA20128: NewsPortal Cross-Site Scripting and File Inclusion
- Florian Amrhein Newsportal prior to 0.37
May 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this