phpRemoteView PRV.php cross-site scripting
|phpremoteview-prv-xss (26473)||Medium Risk|
phpRemoteView is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the PRV.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various parameters to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 16 2006 - 04:30:55 CDT: PhpRemoteView Multiple Xss Vulnerabilities.
- phpRemoteView Web site: PhpRemoteView. (This site is in Russian.)
- BID-17994: PHPRemoteView PRV.PHP Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2425: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in PRV.php in PhpRemoteView, possibly 2003-10-23 and earlier, allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) f, (2) d, and (3) ref parameters, and the (4) MAKE DIR and (5) Full file name fields.
- OSVDB ID: 25572: phpRemoteView PRV.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA20141: phpRemoteView Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- phpRemoteView phpRemoteView
May 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this