e-Business Designer (eBD) upload.html, image_browser.html and editor.html authentication bypass
|ebd-multiple-auth-bypass (26474)||Medium Risk|
e-Business Designer (eBD) could allow a remote attacker to bypass authentication and upload or edit files on the system. Some e-Business Designer scripts are assigned insufficient access permissions by default. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a direct request to the common/html_editor/image_browser.upload.html, common/html_editor/image_browser.html or common/html_editor/html_editor.html page to upload or edit arbitrary files on the system.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the eBD e-Business Designer Web site. See References.
- eBD e-Business Designer Web site: e-Business Designer. (This site is in Spanish.)
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Thu May 11 2006 - 16:42:18 CDT: Several flaws in e-business designer (eBD).
- BID-17933: E-Business Designer Multiple Input Validation Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2349: E-Business Designer (eBD) 3.1.4 and earlier allows remote attackers to upload or modify arbitrary files, and execute arbitrary code, via a direct request to (1) common/html_editor/image_browser.upload.html, (2) common/html_editor/image_browser.html, or (3) common/html_editor/html_editor.html. NOTE: this can also be used for cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks by uploading cascading style sheet (.CSS) files.
- OSVDB ID: 25464: e-Business Designer Arbitrary File Upload
- SA20071: e-Business Designer Various Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016326: eBD Lets Remote Authenticated Users Modify Images
- eBD e-Business Designer 3.1.4
May 03, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this