LiveData ICCP Server ISO Transport Service over TCP buffer overflow
|livedata-iccp-rfc1006-bo (26490)||High Risk|
LiveData ICCP (Inter-Control Center Communications Protocol ) Server is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow in the RFC 1006 implementation (ISO Transport Service over TCP). By sending specially-crafted packets to a vulnerable system, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and cause the server to crash or execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of LiveData ICCP Server (5.00.035 or later), available from the LiveData FTP site. See References.
- LiveData FTP site: Index of ftp://ftp.livedata.com/.
- LiveData Web site: LIveData Product Family.
- LiveData Web site: The LiveData ICCP Server.
- RFC 1006: ISO Transport Service on top of the TCP.
- BID-18010: LiveData ICCP Server Remote Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-0059: Heap-based buffer overflow in the ISO Transport Service over TCP (RFC 1006) implementation of LiveData ICCP Server before 5.00.035 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code via malformed packets.
- OSVDB ID: 25576: LiveData ICCP Server TPTK Implementation Remote Overflow
- SA20146: LiveData ICCP Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016113: LiveData ICCP Server Heap Overflow May Let Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- US-CERT VU#190617: LiveData ICCP Server heap buffer overflow vulnerability
- LiveData LiveData ICCP Server prior to 5.00.035
May 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this