Caucho Resin "viewfile" servlet file disclosure
|resin-viewfile-file-disclosure (26494)||Medium Risk|
Caucho Resin could allow a remote attacker to view arbitrary files and directories on the server using the viewfile servlet, which is used for viewing Resin documentation files in the resin-doc directory. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'file' or 'contextpath' parameters to view any file within or outside of the Web root directory or view the full installation path of Resin by supplying an incorrect path in 'contextpath'.
Upgrade to the latest version of Caucho Resin (3.0.19 or later), available from the Caucho Technology Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 16 2006 - 11:19:15 CDT: ScanAlert Security Advisory.
- Cacho Technology Web site: Download.
- BID-18007: Caucho Resin Viewfile Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2437: The viewfile servlet in the documentation package (resin-doc) for Caucho Resin 3.0.17 and 3.0.18 allows remote attackers to obtain the source code for file under the web root via the file parameter.
- CVE-2006-2438: Directory traversal vulnerability in the viewfile servlet in the documentation package (resin-doc) for Caucho Resin 3.0.17 and 3.0.18 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files under other web roots via the contextpath parameter. NOTE: this issue can produce resultant path disclosure when the parameter is invalid.
- OSVDB ID: 25571: Caucho Resin viewfile Servlet Arbitrary File Access
- SA20125: Caucho Resin Two Disclosure of Sensitive Information Vulnerabilities
- SECTRACK ID: 1016110: Resin Input Validation Flaw in Documentation Viewer Lets Remote Users Traverse the Web Root Directory
- Caucho Resin 3.0.17
- Caucho Resin 3.0.18
May 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this