FortressSSH SSH_MSG_KEXINIT message logging buffer overflow
|fortressssh-sshmsgkexinit-bo (26498)||High Risk|
FortressSSH is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking when SSH_MSG_KEXINIT messages are logged. By sending a specially-crafted SSH_MSG_KEXINIT message from a malicious SSH client, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Pragma Systems, Inc. Web site: Pragma FortressSSH.
- BID-17991: Pragma FortressSSH SSH_MSG_KEXINIT Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2421: Stack-based buffer overflow in Pragma FortressSSH 22.214.171.124 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via long SSH_MSG_KEXINIT messages, which may cause an overflow when being logged. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 25535: FortressSSH SSH_MSG_KEXINIT Logging Remote Overflow
- SA20114: FortressSSH SSH_MSG_KEXINIT Logging Buffer Overflow
- Pragma Systems FortressSSH 126.96.36.199 and prior
May 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this