Ipswitch WhatsUp Professional /Login.asp username enumeration
|whatsup-login-username-enumeration (26503)||Low Risk|
Ipswitch WhatsUp Professional could allow a remote attacker to determine valid usernames. The NmConsole/Login.asp script returns different error messages depending on whether a valid username has been entered during a login attempt. An attacker could use this information to enumerate valid usernames.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Ipswitch, Inc. Web site: WhatsUp Professional 2006 - Premium vs. Standard.
- CVE-2006-2354: NmConsole/Login.asp in Ipswitch WhatsUp Professional 2006 and Ipswitch WhatsUp Professional 2006 Premium generates different error messages in a way that allows remote attackers to enumerate valid usernames. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 25476: Ipswitch WhatsUp Professional NmConsole/Login.asp Error Message Account Enumeration
- SA20075: WhatsUp Professional Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Ipswitch WhatsUp 2006 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
May 11, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this