Outgun data_file_request buffer overflow
|outgun-datafilerequest-bo (26509)||High Risk|
Outgun is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the data_file_request command. By sending an overly long argument to the servnet.cpp file using the 'type' or 'name' string, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 16:27:35 CDT: Multiple vulnerabilities in Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2.
- Outgun Web site: Outgun.
- BID-17985: Outgun Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2399: Stack-based buffer overflow in the ServerNetworking::incoming_client_data function in servnet.cpp in Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via a data_file_request command with a long (1) type or (2) name string.
- OSVDB ID: 25487: Outgun data_file_request Command Remote Overflow
- SA20098: Outgun Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Outgun Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2 & prior
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this