Outgun leetnet message denial of service
|outgun-leetnet-message-dos (26512)||Medium Risk|
Outgun is vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by buffer overflow in the message size field in the leetnet/rudp.cpp file. By sending a large message, a remote attacker could cause an out-of-bounds memory access error and potentially cause the game to crash.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 16:27:35 CDT: Multiple vulnerabilities in Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2.
- Outgun Web site: Outgun.
- BID-17985: Outgun Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2401: The leetnet functions (leetnet/rudp.cpp) in Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2 and earlier allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via packets with incorrect message sizes, which triggers a buffer over-read.
- SA20098: Outgun Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Outgun Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2 & prior
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this