Outgun changeRegistration buffer overflow
|outgun-changeregistration-bo (26513)||High Risk|
Outgun is vulnerable to a buffer overflow caused by improper bounds checking by the 'changeRegistration()' function. A remote attacker could overflow a buffer and possibly make changes to data of other registered game players.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 16:27:35 CDT: Multiple vulnerabilities in Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2.
- Outgun Web site: Outgun.
- BID-17985: Outgun Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2402: Buffer overflow in the changeRegistration function in servernet.cpp for Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2 and earlier allows remote attackers to change the registration information of other players via a long string.
- OSVDB ID: 25490: Outgun changeRegistration Function Overflow
- SA20098: Outgun Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-1796: Outgun Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow and Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- Outgun Outgun 1.0.3 bot 2 & prior
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this