Raydium raydium_network_read() buffer overflow
|raydium-raydiumnetworkread-bo (26516)||High Risk|
Raydium is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of the raydium_network_read() function. By sending a specially-crafted packet, a remote attacker in control of a Raydium server could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the client system.
No remedy available as of November 2008.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 16:25:33 CDT: Multiple vulnerabilities in Raydium rev 309.
- Raydium Web site: Raydium 3D Game Engine - OpenSource - GPL.
- BID-17986: Raydium Multiple Remote Buffer Overflow and Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2411: Buffer overflow in raydium_network_read function in network.c in Raydium SVN revision 312 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code by sending packets with long global variables to the client.
- CVE-2006-2412: The raydium_network_read function in network.c in Raydium SVN revision 312 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a large ID, which causes an invalid memory access (buffer over-read).
- OSVDB ID: 25486: Raydium raydium_network_read Function Remote Overflow
- SA20097: Raydium Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Raydium.org Raydium 2005-09-21
- Raydium.org Raydium SVN revision 309
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this