boastMachine $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] cross-site scripting
|boastmachine-phpself-xss (26518)||Medium Risk|
boastMachine is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin.php and index.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"] form action variable to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- boastology.com: boastMachine :: Blogging platform (php/mysql).
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 16 2006 - 22:01:55 CDT: Boastmachine Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability.
- BID-18012: BoastMachine Admin.PHP Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2491: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in (1) index.php and (2) bmc/admin.php in BoastMachine (bMachine) 3.1 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the query string, which is not properly filtered when it is accessed using the $_SERVER[PHP_SELF] variable.
- OSVDB ID: 25617: boastMachine admin.php Form Action XSS
- OSVDB ID: 25618: boastMachine index.php Form Action XSS
- SA20149: BoastMachine Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Boastology boastMachine 3.1 and prior
May 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this