Genecys tell_player_surr_changes buffer overflow
|genecys-tellplayersurrchanges-bo (26519)||High Risk|
Genecys is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking of the tell_player_surr_changes function. By sending a specially-crafted request, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 16:26:21 CDT: Buffer-overflow and NULL pointer crash in Genecys 0.2.
- Genecys Web site: The Genecys Project - An Open Source MMORPG.
- BID-17969: Genecys Remote Buffer Overflow and Denial Of Service Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2554: Buffer overflow in the tell_player_surr_changes function in Genecys 0.2 and earlier might allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via long arguments.
- OSVDB ID: 25481: Genecys tell_player_surr_changes Function Remote Overflow
- SA20099: Genecys Buffer Overflow and Denial of Service
- Genecys Project Genecys 0.2 and prior
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this