Novell eDirectory iMonitor NDS Server buffer overflow
|novell-imonitor-bo (26524)||High Risk|
Novell eDirectory is vulnerable to stack-based buffer overflow in the iMonitor NDS Server. By sending an overly long URL request to port 8028 or 8030, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code or cause the affected system to crash.
Refer to Novell Technical Information Document TID2973759 for patch or upgrade information. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 12:55:47 CDT: ZDI-06-016: Novell eDirectory 8.8 NDS Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- Novell Technical Information Document TID2973759 : eDirectory 8.8 iMonitor Security Update .
- ZDI-06-016: Novell eDirectory 8.8 NDS Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- BID-18026: Novell eDirectory Server Long URI iMonitor Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2496: Buffer overflow in iMonitor 2.4 in Novell eDirectory 8.8 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via unknown attack vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 25781: Novell eDirectory / iMonitor NDS Server URI Overflow
- SA20139: Novell eDirectory iMonitor NDS Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016120: Novell eDirectory iMonitor Buffer Overflow Has Unspecified Impact
- Novell eDirectory 8.8
- Novell iMonitor 2.4
May 17, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this