Empire Server client_cmd() denial of service
|empireserver-clientcmd-dos (26525)||Medium Risk|
Empire Server is vulnerable to a denial of service caused by a vulnerability in the client_cmd() function. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted string to the player client buffer to cause the server to crash.
Denial of Service
Upgrade to the latest CVS revision (1.38 or later), available from SourceForge.net. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 16:27:00 CDT: Server crash in Empire 4.3.2.
- SourceForge.net: Empire Server.
- CVE-2006-2393: The client_cmd function in Empire 4.3.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) by causing long text strings to be appended to the player->client buffer, which causes an invalid memory access.
- OSVDB ID: 25480: Empire Server client_cmd() Function Remote DoS
- SA20094: Empire Server "client_cmd()" Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Empire Server Empire Server 4.3.2
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this