GNUnet UDP denial of service
|gnunet-udp-dos (26527)||Medium Risk|
GNUnet is vulnerable to a denial of service caused by improper handling of UDP datagrams. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted UDP packet to cause an infinite loop resulting in all available CPU resources to be consumed.
Denial of Service
Apply the appropriate fix, as listed in the GNUnet Changelog. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 16:28:51 CDT: Socket unreachable in GNUnet rev 2780.
- GNUnet Changelog: https://gnunet.org/svn/GNUnet/ChangeLog.
- GNUnet Web site: GNUnet.
- BID-17980: GNUnet Empty UDP Datagram Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2413: GNUnet before SVN revision 2781 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (infinite loop and CPU consumption) via an empty UDP datagram, possibly involving FIONREAD errors.
- OSVDB ID: 25518: GNUnet Empty UDP Datagram Remote DoS
- SA20096: GNUnet Empty UDP Datagram Denial of Service Vulnerability
- Christian Grothoff GNUnet 0.7.0d
- Christian Grothoff GNUnet SVN revision 2780
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this