ASPBB profile.asp and default.asp cross-site scripting
|aspbb-profile-default-xss (26530)||Medium Risk|
ASPBB is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the profile.asp and default.asp scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'get' or 'action' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- ASPBB.org: Free forum software in ASP.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 18 2006 - 05:37:53 CDT : AspBB Forum "profile.asp & default.asp" XSS Vulnerability.
- BID-18025: ASPBB Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2497: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in AspBB 0.5.2 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) action parameter to default.asp or (2) get parameter to profile.asp.
- OSVDB ID: 25650: ASPBB default.asp action Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 25651: ASPBB profile.asp get Parameter XSS
- SA20175: aspbb Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- ASPBB ASPBB 0.5.2
May 18, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this