Dovecot IMAP LIST information disclosure
|dovecot-imap-list-information-disclosure (26536)||Low Risk|
Dovecot could disclose sensitive information. A remote attacker could send an IMAP LIST command or a DELETE command containing dot '.' and dot dot '..' characters to view all files and directories under the mbox root's parent directory on the server and obtain additional information in an error message.
Apply the available patch, as listed in dovecot-cvs 2006-May announcement. See References.
For Debian GNU/Linux:
Refer to DSA-1080-1 for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 12 2006 - 04:43:24 CDT: Dovecot IMAP: Mailbox names list disclosure with mboxes.
- Dovecot Web site: Download.
- dovecot-cvs 2006-May announcement: dovecot/src/lib-storage/index/mbox mbox-storage.c, 1.145, 126.96.36.199.
- BID-17961: Dovecot Remote Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2414: Directory traversal vulnerability in Dovecot 1.0 beta and 1.0 allows remote attackers to list files and directories under the mbox parent directory and obtain mailbox names via .. sequences in the (1) LIST or (2) DELETE IMAP command.
- DSA-1080: dovecot -- programming error
- OSVDB ID: 25727: Dovecot Multiple Command Traversal Arbitrary Directory Listing
- SA20308: Dovecot "LIST" Command Directory Traversal Weakness
- Debian Debian Linux 3.1
- Dovecot Dovecot 1.0 beta pr beta8
- Dovecot Dovecot 1.0 stable
May 12, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this