MyBB usercp.php and member.php SQL injection
|mybb-usercp-member-sql-injection (26545)||Medium Risk|
MyBB (formerly MyBulletinBoard) is vulnerable to SQL injection. If email verification is required when registering for the forum, a remote attacker could send specially-crafted SQL statements to the usercp.php or member.php script using the email address field, which could allow the attacker to add, modify, or delete information in the back-end database.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- imei Bug Blog Sunday, May 7th, 2006 : MyBB1.1.1~Email Verification in User Activation ~SQL Injection Attack.
- MyBB Web site: MyBB Website.
- BID-17872: MyBBoard Email SQL Injection Vulnerability
- BID-18602: MyBulletinBoard Usercp.PHP SQL Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2333: Multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in MyBB (aka MyBulletinBoard) 1.1.1 allow remote attackers to execute arbitrary SQL commands via the e-mail address when registering for a forum that requires e-mail verification, which is not properly handled in (1) usercp.php and (2) member.php.
- OSVDB ID: 25673: MyBulletinBoard (MyBB) usercp.php E-mail Address Field SQL Injection
- OSVDB ID: 26015: MyBulletinBoard (MyBB) member.php E-mail Address Field SQL Injection
- MyBB MyBB 1.1.1
May 07, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this