Snitz Forums avatar module file upload
|snitzforums-avatar-file-upload (26546)||Medium Risk|
Snitz Forums Avatar MOD could allow a remote attacker to upload malicious ASP files. A remote attacker with administrator access on the forum, could bypass security restrictions and use the avatar_upload.asp function to upload a malicious ASP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system with the privileges of the Web server.
Refer to the Snitz Forums Web site for patch information. See References.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Wed May 17 2006 - 17:50:08 CDT : CodeScan Advisory: Avatar MOD v1.3 for Snitz Forums v3.4 - Arbitrary File Upload.
- Snitz Forums 2000 Web site: Snitz Forums 2000.
- BID-18014: Snitz Forums Avatar Mod Arbitrary File Upload Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2530: avatar_upload.asp in Avatar MOD 1.3 for Snitz Forums 3.4, and possibly other versions, allows remote attackers to bypass file type checks and upload arbitrary files via a null byte in the file name, as discovered by the Codescan product.
- OSVDB ID: 25619: Snitz Forums Avatar Mod avatar_upload.asp Arbitrary File Upload
- SA20148: Snitz Forums Avatar Mod Module Avatar Upload Vulnerability
- Snitz Avatar MOD for Snitz Forums 2000 1.3
- Snitz Snitz Forums 2000 3.4
May 17, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this