YourFreeWorld Short URL login.php cross-site scripting
|yourfreeworld-shorturl-login-xss (26574)||Medium Risk|
YourFreeWorld Short URL is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'resetcounter' and 'id' parameters to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of YourFreeWorld Stylish Text Ads Script, available from the YourFreeWorld.com Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 18 2006 - 22:45:05 CDT: Yourfreeworld.com Short Url & Url Tracker Script.
- YourFreeWorld.com Web site: YourFreeWorld.com - Taking Care of Business.
- BID-18046: YourFreeWorld Short Url & Url Tracker Script Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2510: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the URL submission form in YourFreeWorld.com Short Url & Url Tracker Script allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via an unspecified form for submitting URLs.
- OSVDB ID: 26017: Short Url & Url Tracker Script login.php id Parameter XSS
- YourFreeWorld Short URL
May 18, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.