Beats of Rage mod file format string
|bor-mod-file-format-string (26582)||High Risk|
Beats of Rage, OpenBOR, and Horizontal Shooter BOR could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by format string vulnerabilities in the shutdown(), predrawstatus() and update() functions. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted mod file to execute arbitrary code on the affected system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Beats of Rage Web site: Senile Team official site.
- Horizontal Shooter BOR Web page: Welcome to the HOR Webpage.
- Luigi Auriemma Advisory 20 May 2006: Format string vulnerabilities in OpenBOR 2.0046.
- OpenBOR Web site: Official OpenBOR Website.
- BID-18088: Beats Of Rage Multiple Format String Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2537: Multiple format string vulnerabilities in (a) OpenBOR 2.0046 and earlier, (b) Beats of Rage (BOR) 1.0029 and earlier, and (c) Horizontal Shooter BOR (HOR) 2.0000 and earlier allow remote attackers to execute code via format string specifiers in configurations used in various mod files, as demonstrated by the (1) music identifier in data/scenes/intro.txt, which is not properly handled in the update function, and (2) background identifier in data/easy/1aeasy.txt, which is not properly handled in the shutdown function.
- OSVDB ID: 25686: OpenBOR Engine Mod File Handling Multiple Format String
- OSVDB ID: 25687: Horizontal Shooter BOR Mod File Handling Multiple Format String
- OSVDB ID: 25688: Beats of Rage (BOR) Engine Multiple Format String
- SA20173: Beats of Rage (BOR) Engine Format String Vulnerability
- SA20174: OpenBOR Engine Mod File Handling Format String Vulnerability
- SA20181: Horizontal Shooter BOR Mod File Handling Format String Vulnerability
- LB Designs Horizontal Shooter BOR 2.0000
- OpenBOR OpenBOR 2.0046 and prior
- Senile Team Beats of Rage 1.0029 and prior
May 20, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this