CodeAvalanche News admin/add_news.asp cross-site scripting
|canews-addnews-xss (26587)||Medium Risk|
CodeAvalanche News is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin/add_news.asp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- CodeAvalanche News Web site: CodeAvalanche News.
- Colander Security Group Advisory - May 18, 2006: CANews Remote Multiple Vulnerability.
- BID-18032: CodeAvalanche News Add_News.ASP HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2500: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in add_news.asp in CodeAvalanche News (CANews) 1.2 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the Headline field. NOTE: if this issue is limited to administrators, and if it is expected behavior for administrators to be able to generate HTML, then this is not a vulnerability.
- OSVDB ID: 25653: CodeAvalanche News add_news.asp Headline Field XSS
- SA20171: CodeAvalanche News SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- CodeAvalanche CodeAvalanche News 1.2
May 18, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this