UBB.threads addpost_newpoll.php "thispath" file include
|ubbthreads-thispath-file-include (26596)||Medium Risk|
UBB.threads could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the addpost_newpoll.php script using the "thispath" parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of UBB.threads (6.5.3 or later), available from the UBB.threads Web site. See References.
- ubbcentral Web site: UBB.threads Message Board.
- BID-18075: UBB.threads Addpost_newpoll.PHP Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2568: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in addpost_newpoll.php in UBB.threads 6.4 through 6.5.2 and 22.214.171.124 (trial) allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the thispath parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25714: UBB.threads addpost_newpoll.php thispath Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA20242: UBB.threads "thispath" Parameter File Inclusion Vulnerability
- InfoPop UBB.threads 6.4.x and prior
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this