Nucleus CMS PLUGINADMIN.php DIR_LIBS file include
|nucleus-dirlibs-file-include (26606)||Medium Risk|
Nucleus CMS could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the PLUGINADMIN.php script using the DIR_LIBS variable to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Nucleus (3.23 or later), available from the Nucleus Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 23 2006 - 08:44:11 CDT: Nucleus CMS <= 3.22 arbitrary remote inclusion.
- The Nucleus Group Web site: Nucleus CMS: Pure Publishing.
- BID-18097: Nucleus CMS GLOBALS[DIR_LIBS] Parameter Remote File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2583: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in nucleus/libs/PLUGINADMIN.php in Nucleus 3.22 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the GLOBALS[DIR_LIBS] parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25749: Nucleus PLUGINADMIN.php GLOBALS[DIR_LIBS] Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA20219: Nucleus "GLOBALS[DIR_LIBS]" Parameter File Inclusion Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016146: Nucleus Include File Bug in `PLUGINADMIN.php` Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- Nucleus Group Nucleus CMS 3.22
May 23, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this