DownloadControl dc.php cross-site scripting
|downloadcontrol-dc-xss (26624)||Medium Risk|
DownloadControl from Jemscripts is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the dc.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'dcid' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- DownloadControl Web site: Download file management system.
- CVE-2006-2553: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Jemscripts DownloadControl 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTML or web script via the dcid parameter to dc.php. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information. This issue appears to be independent from a different issue that involves the same vector.
- OSVDB ID: 25715: JemScripts DownloadControl dc.php dcid Parameter XSS
- SA20212: JemScripts DownloadControl "dcid" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- Jemscripts DownloadControl 1.0
May 23, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this