DGBook index.php cross-site scripting
|dgbook-index-xss (26629)||Medium Risk|
DGBook is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'name', 'homepage', 'email', or 'address' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of DGBook (1.0.1 or later), available from Dian Gemilang Free Script(s) Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri Jun 09 2006 - 08:12:26 CDT: Re: DGbook v1.0 - XSS.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 19:39:50 CDT `: DGbook v1.0 - XSS.
- Dian Gemilang Free Script(s) Web site: DGBook v 1.0.1.
- BID-18310: DGbook HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2572: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in index.php in DGBook 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) name, (2) homepage, (3) email, and (4) address parameters.
- OSVDB ID: 25732: DGBook index.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA20201: DGBook "index.php" Multiple Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-1942: DGBook Multiple Remote SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Dian Gemilang DGBook 1.0
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this