Chatty index.php cross-site scripting
|chatty-index-xss (26631)||Medium Risk|
Chatty is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'username' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Chatty (1.0.3 or later), available from the Chatty Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 14:06:25 CDT : Chatty improper input sanitizing.
- Marco Olivo Web site: Chatty.
- BID-18082: Chatty Username HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2606: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Chatty, possibly 1.0.2 and other versions, allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the username.
- OSVDB ID: 25736: Chatty index.php username Parameter XSS
- SA20259: Chatty "username" Parameter Script Insertion Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016152: Chatty :) `username` Input Validation Hole Cross-Site Scripting
- Marco Olivo Chatty 1.0.2
May 21, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this