phpwcms spaw_control.class.php file include
|phpwcms-spawcontrolclass-file-include (26639)||Medium Risk|
phpwcms could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files from the local system. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the spaw_control.class.php script containing "dot dot" sequences (/../) in the 'spaw_root' parameter and appended with a NULL byte character (%00) to specify a known file on the local system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code or view arbitrary files on the system.
Note: In order to exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code, the attacker would first be required to upload a malicious file or inject arbitrary commands into an existing file.
Upgrade to the latest version of phpwcms (1.3.3 or later), available from the phpwcms Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun May 21 2006 - 18:11:59 CDT: [KAPDA::#43] - phpwcms multiple vulnerabilities.
- phpwcms Web site: phpwcms.
- BID-18062: PHPWCMS Spaw_Control.Class.PHP Local File Include Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2519: Directory traversal vulnerability in include/inc_ext/spaw/spaw_control.class.php in phpwcms 1.2.5-DEV allows remote attackers to include arbitrary local files via .. (dot dot) sequences in the spaw_root parameter. NOTE: CVE analysis suggests that this issue is actually in SPAW Editor PHP Edition.
- OSVDB ID: 25755: phpwcms spaw_control.class.php spaw_root Parameter Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- OSVDB ID: 25756: phpwcms Image Upload EXIF Metadata Arbitrary PHP Code Execution
- SA20239: phpwcms Cross-Site Scripting and Local File Inclusion
- phpwcms phpwcms 1.2.5 DEV
May 21, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this