ipLogger headers cross-site scripting
|iplogger-headers-xss (26643)||Medium Risk|
ipLogger is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the iplogger.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'HTTP_REFERER' or 'HTTP_USER_AGENT' headers to execute malicious script when an administrator views the log files or to execute HTML script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of August 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 14:08:45 CDT : IpLogger <= 1.7 XSS.
- ipLogger Web site: ipLogger.
- BID-18086: IPLogger Useragent HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2558: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in IpLogger 1.7 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTML or web script via the User-Agent (useragent) header in an HTTP request, which is not filtered when the log files are viewed.
- CVE-2006-2586: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in IpLogger 1.7 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary HTML or web script via the HTTP_REFERER header in an HTTP request.
- OSVDB ID: 25748: ipLogger User-Agent HTTP Header XSS
- SA20246: ipLogger HTTP Headers Script Insertion Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016147: tjthedj`s ipLogger Input Validation Holes Permit Cross-Site Scripting Attacks
- tjthedj ipLogger 1.7
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this