Russcom Ping ping.php pipe character shell command execution
|russcom-ping-piping-command-execution (26651)||High Risk|
Russcom Ping could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the ping.php script containing a pipe character "|" in the domain parameter, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary shell commands on the system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 14:11:09 CDT : Russcom Ping Remote code execution.
- Russcom Ping Web site: Russcom.net Russcam Network.
- BID-18090: Russcom Ping Remote Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2615: ping.php in Russcom.Ping allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via shell metacharacters in the domain parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25872: Russcom.Ping ping.php domain Variable Arbitrary Command Execution
- SA20236: Russcom.Ping "domain" Shell Command Injection Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-1938: Russcom.Ping domain Variable Handling Shell Command Injection Vulnerability
- Russcom.net Russcom Ping
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this