BASE BASE_path file include
|base-path-file-include (26652)||Medium Risk|
Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) could allow a remote attacker to include malicious PHP files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the base_qry_common.php, base_stat_common.php or base_include.inc.php script using the 'BASE_path' parameter to specify a malicious PHP file from a remote system, which would allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of BASE (1.2.5 or later), available from the BASE Web site. See References.
- Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) project Web page: Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) -- Homepage.
- BID-18298: Basic Analysis and Security Engine Multiple Remote File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2685: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) 1.2.4 and earlier, with register_globals enabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the BASE_path parameter to (1) base_qry_common.php, (2) base_stat_common.php, and (3) includes/base_include.inc.php.
- OSVDB ID: 25770: Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) includes/base_include.inc.php BASE_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 49366: Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) base_qry_common.php BASE_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- OSVDB ID: 49367: Basic Analysis and Security Engine (BASE) base_stat_common.php BASE_path Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA20300: Basic Analysis and Security Engine "BASE_path" File Inclusion
- Secure Ideas BASE 1.2.4 and prior
May 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this