AlstraSoft Web Host Directory multiple scripts path disclosure
|webhostdirectory-multiple-path-disclosure (26656)||Low Risk|
AlstraSoft Web Host Directory could allow an attacker to obtain sensitive information. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to various scripts using a blank or invalid parameter to cause an error message to be returned containing the full installation path. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- AlstraSoft.com Web site: AlstraSoft Web Host Directory.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 22:10:39 CDT : AlstraSoft Web Host Directory v1.2.
- CVE-2006-2617: (1) AlstraSoft Web Host Directory 1.2, aka (2) HyperStop WebHost Directory 1.2, allows remote attackers to obtain the installation path via an invalid entry in the Username field on the login page, which causes the path to be displayed in an SQL error. NOTE: this issue might be resultant from SQL injection.
- OSVDB ID: 26037: AlstraSoft Web Host Directory Login Username Variable Path Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 26039: HyperStop Web Host Directory Login Username Variable Path Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 31519: AlstraSoft Web Host Directory Invalid URI Path Disclosure
- SA20276: AlstraSoft Web Host Directory SQL Injection and Script Insertion
- SA20278: HyperStop Web Host Directory SQL Injection and Script Insertion
- Alstrasoft AlstraSoft Web Host Directory 1.2
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this