SkyeBox post.php cross-site scripting
|skyebox-post-xss (26657)||Medium Risk|
SkyeBox is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the post.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'name' or 'message' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 14:11:45 CDT : SkyeShoutbox <= v.1.2.0 XSS.
- SkyeBox Web site: SkyeBox.
- CVE-2006-2584: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in post.php in SkyeBox 1.2.0 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) name or (2) message parameters. NOTE: the provenance of this information is unknown; the details are obtained solely from third party information, although it was likely prompted by a vague announcement from a researcher who incorrectly referred to the product as SkyeShoutbox.
- OSVDB ID: 25741: SkyeBox post.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA20234: SkyeBox "post.php" Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Wilco Kuiper SkyeBox 1.2.0 and prior
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this