RWiki editing form Ruby code injection
|rwiki-editing-form-ruby-code-injection (26668)||Medium Risk|
RWiki could allow a remote attacker to inject arbitrary code caused by improper validation of user supplied input in the editing form. A remote attacker could inject arbitrary Ruby code into the editing form that would be executed with the privileges of the Web server.
Upgrade to the latest version of RWiki (2.1.1 or later), available from the RWiki Web site. See References.
- Rwiki Web site: RWiki. (Site is in Japanese)
- CVE-2006-2582: The editing form in RWiki 2.1.0pre1 through 2.1.0 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary Ruby code via unknown attack vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 25871: RWiki Form Edit Unspecified Arbitrary Ruby Code Execution
- SA20264: RWiki Script Insertion and Ruby Code Injection Vulnerabilities
- RWiki RWiki 2.1.0 and prior
May 24, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this