SiteScape Forum avf.rc path disclosure
|sitescapeforum-avf-path-disclosure (26671)||Low Risk|
SiteScape Forum could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. The default permissions assigned to the avf.rc configuration file could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, including the path to the Web root. An attacker could use this information to launch further attacks against the affected system.
Upgrade to the current version of SiteScape as listed in the NISCC Vulnerability Advisory 260146/NISCC/SITESCAPE. See References.
- NISCC Vulnerability Advisory 260146/NISCC/SITESCAPE: Vulnerability Issues with SiteScape Forum.
- SiteScape Web site: SiteScape Forum.
- CVE-2006-2677: SiteScape Forum 7.2 and possibly earlier stores the avf.rc configuraiton file under the web document root with insufficient access control, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive path information.
- OSVDB ID: 26042: SiteScape Forum avf.rc Path Disclosure
- SA20266: SiteScape Forum Information Disclosure Weaknesses
- SiteScape SiteScape Forum 7.2
May 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this