Article Manager submit_article.php cross-site scripting
|article-manager-submitarticle-xss (26673)||Medium Risk|
Article Manager from Alstrasoft is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the submit_article.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Article Manager Web site: AlstraSoft - The Leading Business Software Provider. Start Your Own Turnkey Web Sites With AlstraSoft PHP Scripts. Solutions For Autoresponder, Live Support, Social Networking, Affiliate Network, Website Monitoring & Template Selling businesses.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 18:20:22 CDT: Alstrasoft Article Manager Pro v1.6.
- OSVDB ID: 25866: AlstraSoft Article Manager Pro submit_article.php Article Submission XSS
- SA20228: AlstraSoft Article Manager Pro SQL Injection and Script Insertion
- Alstrasoft Article Manager Pro 1.6
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this