Elite-Board search.html cross-site scripting
|eliteboard-search-xss (26675)||Medium Risk|
Elite-Board (E-Board) is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the search.html script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'search' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 23 2006 - 22:09:55 CDT: Bulletin Board Elite-Board v.1.1.
- E-Board Web site: Bulletin board Elite-Board.
- BID-18103: Elite-Board Search Page HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2673: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in search.html in Bulletin Board Elite-Board (E-Board) 1.1 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the search box.
- OSVDB ID: 25827: Elite-Board search.html search Parameter XSS
- SA20289: Elite-Board "search" Parameter Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- E-Board Elite-Board 1.1
May 23, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this