Article Manager multiple .php scripts path disclosure
|article-manager-multi-scripts-path-disclosure (26676)||Low Risk|
Article Manager from Alstrasoft could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information. An attacker could send a specially-crafted URL to the userarticles.php script using the 'aut_id' parameter, to the mrarticles.php script using the 'action' parameter or to the admin.php script to cause an error message to be returned containing the full installation path.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Article Manager Web site: AlstraSoft - The Leading Business Software Provider. Start Your Own Turnkey Web Sites With AlstraSoft PHP Scripts. Solutions For Autoresponder, Live Support, Social Networking, Affiliate Network, Website Monitoring & Template Selling businesses.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon May 22 2006 - 18:20:22 CDT: Alstrasoft Article Manager Pro v1.6.
- CVE-2006-2566: Alstrasoft Article Manager Pro 1.6 allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information via (1) a quote character or possibly an invalid value in the action parameter in a request to mrarticles.php or (2) a login QUERY_STRING to admin.php without any additional parameters, which reveal the path in various error messages.
- OSVDB ID: 31777: AlstraSoft Article Manager Pro admin.php Information Disclosure
- OSVDB ID: 31778: AlstraSoft Article Manager Pro mrarticles.php Information Disclosure
- Alstrasoft Article Manager Pro 1.6
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this