IceWarp Web Mail PHPSESSID cross-site scripting
|icewarpwebmail-phpsessid-xss (26680)||Medium Risk|
IceWarp Web Mail is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.html script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'PHPSESSID' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue May 16 2006 - 05:32:27 CDT : IceWarp Cross-Site Scripting(XSS).
- IceWarp Web site: IceWarp Web Mail.
- BID-17995: IceWarp Universal WebMail PHPSESSID Parameter Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2484: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in index.html in IceWarp WebMail 5.5.1 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the PHPSESSID parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25833: IceWarp WebMail index.html PHPSESSID Parameter XSS
- IceWarp Software IceWarp Web Mail 5.5.1 and prior
May 16, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this