Pre News Manager multiple cross-site scripting
|prenewsmanager-multiple-xss (26692)||Medium Risk|
Pre News Manager is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by multiple scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the 'id' or 'nid' parameter to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 24 2006 - 04:09:52 CDT : Pre News Manager v1.0.
- PreProjects Web site: PRE NEWS MANAGER.
- BID-18333: Pre News Manager Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2678: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Pre News Manager 1.0 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) id parameter to (a) index.php, and the (2) nid parameter to (b) news_detail.php, (c) email_story.php, (d) thankyou.php, (e) printable_view.php, (f) tella_friend.php, and (g) send_comments.php.
- OSVDB ID: 26066: Pre News Manager index.php id Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 26067: Pre News Manager news_detail.php nid Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 26068: Pre News Manager email_story.php nid Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 26069: Pre News Manager thankyou.php nid Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 26070: Pre News Manager printable_view.php nid Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 26071: Pre News Manager tella_friend.php nid Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 26072: Pre News Manager send_comments.php nid Parameter XSS
- SA20284: Pre News Manager Multiple SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-1990: Pre News Manager Multiple SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- PreProjects Pre News Manager 1.0
May 24, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this