V-Webmail core.php file include
|vwebmail-core-file-include (26694)||Medium Risk|
V-Webmail could allow a remote attacker to include arbitrary files. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted URL request to the core.php script using the CONFIG[pear_dir] parameter to specify a malicious file from a remote system, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable Web server.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- V-webmail Web site: V-webmail.
- BID-30164: V-webmail Multiple Remote File Include Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2006-2665: PHP remote file inclusion vulnerability in includes/mailaccess/pop3/core.php in V-Webmail 1.3 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via a URL in the CONFIG[pear_dir] parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 26085: V-webmail core.php CONFIG[pear_dir] Parameter Remote File Inclusion
- SA20297: V-webmail "CONFIG[pear_dir]" File Inclusion Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016160: V-webmail Include File Bug in `pear_dir` Parameter Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-1989: V-webmail CONFIG[pear_dir] Parameter Remote File Inclusion Vulnerability
- V-webmail V-webmail 1.3
May 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.