CMS Mundo search cross-site scripting
|cmsmundo-search-xss (26695)||Medium Risk|
CMS Mundo is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input to the search field. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of CMS Mundo (1.0 build 008 or later), available from the CMS Mundo Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 24 2006 - 03:32:24 CDT : CMS Mundo V1.0.
- HotWebScripts.com Web site: CMS Mundo.
- BID-18316: CMS Mundo HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2684: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the search module in CMS Mundo 1.0 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the searchstring parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 25815: CMS Mundo Search Feature searchstring Parameter XSS
- SA20296: CMS Mundo "searchstring" Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- HotWebScripts.com CMS Mundo 1.0
May 24, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this