NewsCMSLite newsadmin.asp security bypass
|newscmslite-newsadmin-security-bypass (26698)||Medium Risk|
NewsCMSLite could allow a remote attacker to bypass security caused by weak authentication in newsadmin.asp. A remote attacker could set the 'loggerIn' parameter in the cookie to a known default value to access the admin page.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 24 2006 - 06:08:04 CDT : [KAPDA::#44] - NewsCMSLite Login ByPass by Cookie.
- NewsCMSLite Web site: Katy Whitton Web Development - Downloads - NewsCMSLite.
- CVE-2006-2636: newsadmin.asp in Katy Whitton NewsCMSLite allows remote attackers to bypass authentication and gain administrative access by setting the loggedIn cookie to xY1zZoPQ.
- OSVDB ID: 25824: NewsCMSLite newsadmin.asp Crafted Cookie Admin Privilege Escalation
- SA20294: NewsCMSLite Admin Logon Bypass and Database Disclosure
- Katy Whitton NewsCMSLite
May 24, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this