Symantec AntiVirus and Client Security remote management interface buffer overflow
|symantec-antivirus-client-bo (26706)||High Risk|
Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and Symantec Client Security are vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow in the remote management interface. A remote or local attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system with SYSTEM level privileges or cause the system to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of Symantec Client Security or Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, as listed in Symantec Security Response Advisory SYM06-010. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Fri May 26 2006 - 19:18:45 CDT : Symantec antivirus software exposes computers.
- eEye Digital Security Advisory AD20060612: Symantec Remote Management Stack Buffer Overflow.
- Full-Disclosure Mailing List, Fri May 26 2006 - 11:40:07 CDT: new symantec vuln.
- Internet Security Systems Protection Alert June 2, 2006: Symantec AntiVirus and Client Security buffer overflow.
- Symantec Security Response Advisory SYM06-010: Symantec Client Security and Symantec AntiVirus Elevation of Privilege .
- BID-18107: Symantec AntiVirus Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-2630: Stack-based buffer overflow in Symantec Antivirus 10.1 and Client Security 3.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via unknown attack vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 25846: Symantec Client Security / AntiVirus Management Interface Remote Overflow
- SA20318: Symantec Client Security / AntiVirus Management Interface Buffer Overflow
- SECTRACK ID: 1016161: Symantec Client Security Stack Overflow Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- SECTRACK ID: 1016162: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition Stack Overflow Lets Remote Users Execute Arbitrary Code
- US-CERT VU#404910: Symantec products vulnerable to buffer overflow
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.0 Corporate
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.0.2.2010 Corporate
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.0.2.2020 Corporate
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.0.2.2021 Corporate
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.1 Corporate
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.1.400 Corporate
- Symantec Client Security 3.0
- Symantec Client Security 220.127.116.110
- Symantec Client Security 18.104.22.1680
- Symantec Client Security 3.1
- Symantec Client Security 3.1.394
- Symantec Client Security 3.1.400
May 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.