Linksys WRT54G UPnP AddPortMapping security bypass
|linksys-upnp-security-bypass (26707)||Low Risk|
The Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions and forward arbitrary traffic, caused by a vulnerability in the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) service. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability by sending a specially-crafted AddPortMapping request with an invalid 'InternalClient' parameter.
Upgrade to the latest firmware version (1.00.9 or later), available from the Linksys Web site. See References.
- LInksys Web site: Linksys.com Downloads/Firmware.
- Securityview Web site: How does the UPnP flaw works.
- CVE-2006-2559: Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Broadband Router allows remote attackers to bypass access restrictions and conduct unauthorized operations via a UPnP request with a modified InternalClient parameter, which is not validated, as demonstrated by using AddPortMapping to forward arbitrary traffic.
- OSVDB ID: 25894: Multiple Router UPnP Crafted InternalClient Parameter Access Restriction Bypass
- OSVDB ID: 27807: Cisco Linksys WRT54G Security.tri Unauthenticated Configuration Modification
- OSVDB ID: 27808: Cisco Linksys WRT54G Web Admin Console CSRF
- SA20161: Linksys WRT54G UPnP Port Mapping Vulnerability
- SECTRACK ID: 1016134: Linksys WRT54GS UPnP Bug Lets Remote Internal Users Cause Packets to Be Forwarded to External Systems
- Linksys WRT54G v5
May 22, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this