PHPSimpleChoose phpsimplechoose.php script cross-site scripting
|phpsimplechoose-script-xss (26714)||Medium Risk|
PHPSimpleChoose is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the phpsimplechoose.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using various user-input fields to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, allowing the attacker to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of PHPSimpleChoose (0.3.1 or later), available from the PHPSimpleChoose Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed May 24 2006 - 18:53:56 CDT: PHPSimple Choose v0.3.
- PHPSimpleChoose Web site: PHPSimpleChoose.
- BID-18408: PHPSimpleChoose Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 25784: PHPSimpleChoose phpsimplechoose.php Input Form XSS
- SA20306: PHPSimpleChoose Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- VUPEN/ADV-2006-2019: PHPSimpleChoose phpsimplechoose.php Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- PHPSimpleChoose PHPSimpleChoose 0.3 and prior
May 29, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this