Super Link Exchange thumbnail.php directory traversal
|superlinkexchange-thumbnail-dir-traversal (26722)||Low Risk|
Super Link Exchange could allow an attacker to traverse directories and view sensitive information. A remote attacker could send a specially-crafted request to the thumbnail.php script using 'dot dot' sequences (/../) in the 'imgpath' parameter to cause the system to display valid user passwords and possibly other sensitive information. This information could be used to launch additional attacks on the vulnerable system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Thu May 25 2006 - 00:00:27 CDT : Super Link Exchange Script v1.0.
- Global Business Union Web site: Super Link Exchange Script.
- CVE-2006-7035: Directory traversal vulnerability in make_thumbnail.php in Super Link Exchange Script 1.0 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via .. sequences in the imgpath parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 26608: Super Link Exchange Script make_thumbnail.php imgpath Traversal Arbitrary File Access
- Global Business Union Super Link Exchange 1.0
May 25, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this