WeOnlyDo! SFTP (wodSFTP) ActiveX control unauthorized access
|wodsftp-activex-unauth-access (26752)||High Risk|
The WeOnlyDo! SFTP (wodSFTP) ActiveX control could allow a remote attacker to gain unauthorized access to a victim's system. The wodSFTP ActiveX control is marked 'safe for scripting' with the IObjectSafety interface. This could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files to a victim's system or download arbitrary files from a victim's system, if the attacker could persuade the victim to visit a malicious Web page using Microsoft Internet Explorer. It may be possible for an attacker to leverage this vulnerability to gain complete control of the victim's system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- WeOnlyDo! Software Web site: SFTP ActiveX Client OCX/DLL, SCP Client, SFTP Component (VB, VC, Delphi, ASP, VBS) - WeOnlyDo! Software.
- BID-18192: WeOnlyDo SFTP ActiveX Control Remote Arbitrary File Access Vulnerability
- CVE-2006-1175: The WeOnlyDo! SFTP (wodSFTP) ActiveX control is marked as safe for scripting, which allows remote attackers to read and write files in arbitrary locations by accessing the control from a web page.
- OSVDB ID: 25838: wodSFTP ActiveX Component Arbitrary File Access
- SA20361: wodSFTP ActiveX Component Arbitrary File Access Vulnerability
- US-CERT VU#378604: WeOnlyDo! SFTP ActiveX control fails to properly restrict access to methods
- WeOnlyDo wodSFTP ActiveX Component 3.0.3 and prior
May 30, 2006
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this